No matter what kind of furniture you have, you’ll find that over time (sometimes even within one year!) the filling inside the cushions compresses, loses its shape and/or just becomes plain uncomfortable. Maybe you use this furniture a lot, or maybe you have kids that have been jumping on it. More likely, the manufacturer of the furniture simply used low density foam, which, unbeknownst to you, does NOT hold up.
Are you going to have to replace the furniture to be comfortable again?
Having your cushions refilled is the single best thing you can do to extend the life of your furniture.
Here are the tell-tale signs that you would benefit from having your cushions refilled:
• Your furniture cushions look saggy, disheveled or deflated, as if someone removed part of the filling.
• The fabric covering your cushions looks like it doesn’t fit any more.
• You sit down and have trouble getting “out” of the cushion.
• You sit down and lean to one side.
• You sit down and just do not feel comfortable.
• You have down cushions, and they are too soft, misshaped and uncomfortable
Sagging, flattened, lifeless, unattractive and uncomfortable cushions literally spring back to life when replaced with good quality, high density foam. High density foam is used by professional, quality upholsterers, and it’s what we use for all our work, including refills. Unfortunately, it is NOT what many furniture manufacturers use and it is definitely not what is sold in crafting stores for DIY projects. Low density foam looks good and feels good at the store, but it DOES NOT last. In contrast, high density foam holds its shape and firmness for a very long time, even under heavy use.
If you want to renew your furniture by refilling the cushions, here’s how it works:
1. Bring in all your cushions that need refills. Come directly to our Keystone Fabrics showroom, first floor, 1521 N Main Ave in Scranton. There is plenty of parking in front of the store. We’ll help you unload your cushions and bring them in, if you need it.
2. Let us know what kind of filling you prefer: soft, medium, or firm. We have a sample cushion for you to sit on in our showroom to help you gauge what feels right to you.
3. Let us give you a price. This price will depend on the size of the cushion and how thick it is.
4. Leave the cushion(s) with us for the day. If you can bring in the cushions first thing in the morning, we are usually able to refill them by the end of the day!
In terms of high-impact home improvement projects, nothing could be better than refilling your cushions!